Monday, January 30, 2012

Eating at Home in a Food City

I am told that San Francisco is a wonderful eating town.

I am told -- and believe it to be a salacious lie -- that San Francisco is a better eating town than New York. I mean come on, really? Really? I might believe you if I was from LA and you said that about New York, but I lived there slim and when you value your micro-biotic, vegan, compost friendly "communal eating establishments" over your U.S. leading number of Michelin Star earning dining institutions, I can't talk to you hippie.

So while you clearly got chops, and they are most likely made of seitan, I have not really been able to see it...for a number of reasons.

Mostly, because I eat at home.

Being sort of lame and actively trying to save money, I have found myself buying chicken and spinach at Trader Joe's and cooking a one person meal about 6 nights a week. I bring lunch about 4 out of 5 days and I eat breakfast at home every day.

But where I have ventured out for food, the food has been really good...won't say better than New York but it is really good. Then again I did just order some Chinese food for delivery, we will see how it goes.

No comments: