Thursday, December 20, 2012

Race Calendar 2013

As long as the group who didn't make it past a bunch of Spanish dudes in metal hats are wrong, here is my running plan for 2013. For now. There might be more, there might be less, but this is the plan:

1. Kaiser Half Marathon - February 3, 2013 - San Francisco, CA
This race is supposed to be fun and fast.  I have not run a half-marathon since last year at this time.  That race was in Davis and I missed a PR by a minute and a few seconds.  I was also easily 10 pounds heavier and not as fast.  This is the race I break 1:45 if not faster than that.  Come on by and ring a cow bell, then watch the Super Bowl.


2. Oakland Running Festival - March 24, 2013 - Oakland, CA
I will either be running the full or the half marathon in Oakland.  I won't make that choice until December 31st but I will be racing this race. I didn't race enough this past year and I really want to race more. It makes it more fun. Yay fun!

While it would be great to knock out another marathon, I honestly can say that I would be fine doing the half.  I have never run a half as part of a full. That will be interesting...I think.  More to come on this one.

3. Bulldog 25K - August 24, 2013 - Malibu Creek State Park, CA
This is a solid maybe, but it seems like fun.  I am not going to run my first ultra in Southern California in August. That seems silly. But a 25K seems like a great idea. 15+ miles on trails will be a great way to spend a summer morning.



4. Catch the Road Runner 5K - Summer 2013 - San Francisco, CA
The fantastic San Francisco Road Runners Club will be putting on our second annual 5K race...it might change a little due to the America's Cup and other such craziness but it is on! I might run, I might work the race, I might do both...but I will be there and I will wear my pants.
So hot right now.
5. The New York City Marathon - November 3, 2013

You read that right.  I will be running the NYC marathon. So get sand bags ready. The city is safe for this year. I was just informed that I need to save the date for something much more important...more on that to follow.  Now I need to choose another Fall Marathon.

5A. The Tulsa Turkey Trot - Black Friday, 2013
I must defend my First Place Fat Boy title! Hopefully I will be able to keep off the extra seven pounds I have dropped since I started paying more attention (read: I am no longer a horse).  In that I am under the 200lb mark, I will not enter as a Clydesdale but I am hoping my new age group will help me move up in the age group prizes.

No comments: