Here are few of the top choices in no real order. I would love to hear your thoughts.
Morgan Hill Marathon - October 20, 2013
This is currently my top choice because of location and other such things but I am not sure yet.
- It is an hour or so away
- All in would cost about $200.
- It seems like it could be scenic and in a pretty area.
- It will be smaller
- It won't have a lot of "umph"
- There are a few very tight switch backs on the course
- It will be small
I have always loved Tahoe and running there is fun...so why not race there right?
- It will be unbelievably beautiful
- It will be nice and cool
- It will be easy to get an ice bath after
- Did I mention it will be pretty?
- It is on a mountain and will have very little oxygen to breath
- It is on a mountain so it will be hilly
- It is on a mountain so I will have to get used to the elevation a few days in advance and maybe even do some training up there.
- It is on a mountain
I watched the race this year and I kind of want the Tiffany charm.
- It is fun with lots of people
- It is in San Francisco so I can sleep at home
- There is very good support along the course
- It is a big race for people who don't train as hard as they should
- It is a women's race and I don't want to take away from that or a space from a woman who wants to race.
- It is in San Francisco so it is hilly as a mofo
Who doesn't like wine country and shamefully we have yet to get up there. So this could be a winner.
- This is a small race
- It is in Napa in the fall, so pretty
- It is pretty close to home and starts late enough that I could sleep at home
- It is a trail run
- It won't be well supported or have fans
- With my luck it will be a muddy hell