Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Man Plans and God Laughs, Again

It is official: 2013 is the year of plan B.

Great friends are getting hitched on the NYC Marathon weekend which is nothing but fantastic. This is NOT to be construed as me complaining, it simply pushes my plan for New York off by a year. I still have no plans for a full in the fall.  Passover came out of no where (read: I didn't look at a calendar very closely) and starts the day after the Oakland Marathon. Clearly I had to postpone that race.  Now I am running the Tacoma City Marathon on May 5.

Today I got this email from Coastal Trail Runs:

We just received notice from the State Park of new requirements and additional, exorbitant permit-related costs. As a result, we regret that both events in the Malibu Sector are no longer viable and we need to cancel La Jolla Canyon (March 9th) and Malibu Canyon (December 7th). Full refunds to all paid entrants are being processed.

We know that many of you have been training and made travel plans since we opened registration last month. We apologize for any inconvenience. We only hope that you'll still come out and enjoy the trails in the amazing Santa Monica Mountains. We're sorry we're unable to make it an official event.
So that stinks.

Now I need another plan B trail race.

3 comments:

Taftan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephen said...

Sorry to hear the news, How about this 50k. Same date

http://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=19156

Unknown said...

Stephen...I am going to be in LA that weekend hanging out with my dad, so I need to have a race either in Malibu or another time. I am thinking about this one: bit.ly/WctqH3

Gives me time to get my distance legs under me.