Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Mile By Mile

Like raising a child, running a marathon takes a village.  And in some cases a city.

Two weeks ago, my new city hosted its marathon.  It was a well run event.  It started way too early.  And no one was on the streets for these people.

Running 26.2 miles is dumb and yet we continue to do it.  Personally I feed off the crowds.  In 2010 the only reason I crossed the finish line without being dead was because of the people along the route.  The Lululemon team on the final stretch of the Philly Marathon was just the boost I needed to make it through the last 6 miles, even if there were no water stations when I needed them.

But for some reason, this great running/biking/fitness town does not come out to support its runners.

That was sad. I don't have much else to say about it but here is a picture of me cheering with my SFRRC friends, Susan and Laura. 

We were at mile 24 with one other person...WOOOOOO!

No comments: