Saturday, March 29, 2014

No Watch Saturday

My watch with stuff I have long lost.
For the past two weeks I forgot to bring my trusty GPS watch to my long distance slow run with the fantastic San Francisco Road Runners Club. It was liberating.

So here is another new rule for my pre-plan plan: I will not run with a pacing device on Saturdays.

This forces me to focus on my actual pace on that day. It will mean that I might run with 9 min/mile crew or perhaps the 10:30 min/mile depending on how I feel. It will mean that I will push myself based on my internal such and such and not according to that task-master known as Garmin. It is a nice mental break from the fear of not being able to make it back to the start line.

So today's run broke the 100 mile mark for the year. I was proud of it. That said, I know I get caught up in the pace and the net mileage and the Stats that I inflate for personal reasons. And I won't stop that. However, once a week, I think it will be a healthy departure to just run for the sake of running as opposed to doing it every once in a while when my watch dies or when I "need a break" or whatever else. Intention is important.

On the STATS: I will update every Wednesday for Weigh-in Wednesday.


No comments: