Sunday, February 26, 2012

Book Report: Choke

While the first book took a month and a half to finish, this one took less than a week. This makes me happy for a few reasons. 1. I can read quickly. 2. I have eight more books to get my goal. 3. Novels are so much fun when they are good.

Choke is one of those books that I knew I had to read but never did. It was completely enjoyable if a bit messed up. The story was compelling and interesting. It also was sick and twisted without using superfluous profanity, which considering the content was pretty impressive. The use of the profanity actually enhanced the story line.

My one problem with the story lie was that it was extremely similar in approach to the movie Fight Club -- the rejection of the 12 step program, the style of the ending and the instability of the characters. Also, I didn't feel so comfortable reading it in public...but that is more on me than on the book.

4.75 out of 5 Stars

No comments: